Recognizing Excellence in dvLED Display Design
Transforming Spaces with Creativity, Design, and Flawless Execution
ATLANTA, GA – October 2, 2023 — Nanolumens, a global leader in LED display
solutions, is thrilled to announce their 8th Annual Crystal Nixel Awards, an event celebrating outstanding achievements in the world of dvLED display technology and innovation.
The Crystal Nixel Awards aims to honor companies, projects, and individuals who have demonstrated unparalleled creativity, innovation, and excellence in the field of LED displays. As a pioneer in the industry, Nanolumens recognizes the importance of acknowledging and celebrating those who are pushing the boundaries of what is possible with LED technology.
"We are incredibly excited to spotlight 5 outstanding projects for our annual Crystal Nixel Awards and celebrate the remarkable achievements of those who continue to redefine the possibilities of dvLED display technology. This past year has been filled with numerous creative collaborations alongside our valued partners. We are pleased to showcase the inventive designs and seamless integration of our dvLED display solutions,” says CEO, Ney Corsino of Nanolumens. “To choose the best among these outstanding projects, we invite the industry to participate in the voting process. This event is a testament to our commitment to innovation and our dedication to recognizing the outstanding work being done by professionals in this field. We extend our heartfelt gratitude to our partners and eagerly anticipate continued collaboration with these exceptional teams on forthcoming projects."
Voting is now open for the Crystal Nixel Awards, and Nanolumens encourages all to cast their vote by October 31st. Then stay tuned as winners will be announced at the end of November. Details about the projects can be found on the official awards website https://www.nanolumens.com/crystal-nixel-awards.
· Fiserve Innovation Center @ The Park Fiserv is a global leader in payments and financial technology that enables money movement for thousands of financial institutions and millions of people and businesses – in a world that never powers down. Fiserv collaborated with AV Consultant, Pershing Technologies to outfit their new technology Innovation Center and create an office environment that embodies the global fintech company’s commitment to innovation. Fiserv’s atrium lobby was designed to welcome and engage using Nanolumens CLRVision with more than 106 million pixels offering a translucent effect in front of the lobby elevators. The displays are roughly 19’ W by 44’ H with a resolution of 1536 x 1728.
· Newark Liberty International Airport Nanolumens was selected as a LED supplier in this collaboration between Moment Factory, Electrosonic, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, and Munich Airport International, to craft a collection of expansive multimedia installations aimed at leaving travelers with a timeless perception of New Jersey's offerings. Moment Factory led the creative work and design intent for the Digital Journey of Surprises, which Electrosonic realized through complex engineering, integration, and support. Passengers are initially met at the Departure Hall with the Welcome Banner, a 230’ wide by 8’ high canvas that blends into the buildings’ architecture with over 26.5 million pixels. Upon passing through security, the voyage continues as travelers descend into the Retail Hall, being greeted by the captivating Forest of Firsts. Comprising a collection of eight towering dvLED pillars, each ranging from 15 to 27 feet in height, this installation stands as a magnificent tribute to the trailblazing essence of New Jersey. Nanolumens collaborated on 4 displays in the Hold Room. These screens are practical but also impart travelers with trivia and other fun bits about New Jersey. This part of the project included 4 displays that are 12’ wide by 7’ high. At the departure gates, 33 triangular digital pylons connect to the airport's FIDS System. The pylons feature LED on two faces to communicate a mix of practical flight information, intuitive boarding cues and fun-filled New Jersey facts, quizzes, and trivia.
· Talking Stick Resort and Casino In 2022, Nanolumens was selected by integration firm, CCS Presentation Systems (CCS), to help create a unique entryway feature for the Talking Stick Resort. Together the partners set out to create a custom solution for the 40’ by 40’circular rotunda that would be worthy of any viral social post. In coordination with CCS, Nanolumens fashioned the illusion of a dome using the Nixel™ Rigid Series 1.87mm dvLED.
· DraftKings Sportsbook at Wrigley Field Visitors to Chicago’s Wrigley Field stadium can now watch their favorite sports in comfort at the new 17,000 square foot DraftKings Sportsbook. AV integrator, McCann Systems, partnered with architecture and interior design firm Gensler and Nanolumens to design and install a massive 2,000 square foot video screen, measuring 134’ wide by 15’ high. The video wall was designed to provide an immersive viewing experience for all guests and Nanolumens dvLED wall is the highlight of the space as it wraps around the entire area and is visible from practically any seat. It’s comprised of curved 2.5mm Nixel™ Flex with 5100 Nixel cabinets (Tiles) and has nearly 30 million pixels spanning the screen. The content, processed by tvONE, produces a combined video resolution of 16,320 x 1560 to cover the entire video wall, which can display up to 24 sporting events at one time or produce a single sweeping image for an immersive experience.
· Nashville International Airport Located in the airport’s Grand Lobby, the immersive multimedia memento is intended to portray the city’s character through nature, sports, and nightlife. It was designed by Montreal-based Gentilhomme Studio at the invitation of The Metropolitan Nashville Airport Authority in collaboration with Burns Engineering and Nanolumens. Spanning two panoramic screens, each 70ft wide at 24K combined resolution, video capsules pay homage to Nashville.
Nanolumen is a US-Based LED design and manufacturer headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Nanolumens offers world-class screens across multiple market segments adding wonder to physical spaces. We’re pioneers of the true curve technology and are committed to being better. With a bold and visionary team of experts we will take your project, in all shapes and sizes, from concept to reality. We bring your creative visions to life, leaving a first and lasting impression. We are LEDTM! For more information, visit www.nanolumens.com.